- Class/Lab 144 hours
The objective of the course is to prepare the student for a career as a Certified Pharmacy Technician in various settings such as retail or hospital pharmacy.
- Receive written prescription request from patients, and prescriptions sent electronically from doctors' offices.
- In some states, you may process physicians' orders by phone.
- Read the prescriptions, retrieve, count, pour, weigh, measure, and may mix or compound medications.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles.
- Prepare insurance claim forms and manage inventory .