- Class/Lab 165 hours
Tuition:$1699 (Payment plans available)
Registration Fee:$100 (Non-refundable)
Consent to a background clearance check
***TUITION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE THROUGH WIOA (for those who qualify)***
- Prepare the student to work a Medical Assistant in a variety of health care settings such as the hospitals, clinics, doctors' offices, mobile services, etc.
- Acquire a basic working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Become familiar and learn the basic structure, functions and interaction of each body system.
- Discuss the pathway from patient contact through the diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and financial aspects of medical care.
- Demonstrate the strict safety standards needed to protect self, patients, employees and employers.
- Explain the legal, cultural and ethical issues and regulations within healthcare.
- Perform all clinical duties expected of a clinical medical assistant.